It's been five years
Five years ago today we found Amber's tumor. "Five Years" by David Bowie has been ringing in my head. I love that song. Today it's just strange.
I'm glad we found her tumor. I'm glad I refused to leave the doctors office 'til we figured out what was really going on.
I'm not happy my child had cancer I am happy we found it and happy she beat it.
I know, I'm sitting here right now on the parent bed in the children's cancer unit as I type this from my cell phone.
This is a whole different animal.
This is Secondary AML
It's strange. Sitting here still after five years. You need to consider that my daughter has had a surgery a year since remission.
She spent a good amount of time at Shriners Hospital for Crippled children relearning how to walk, how to use her wheelchair, and how to dress herself. That was just after she was done with chemotherapy.
Yet here we are. Five years is a big marker for Ewing's Sarcoma. This would be the year that scans dropped from every three months to every six months.... We were just about to be able to stay away from the cancer unit for six months at a time!
I'm not going to tell you all of the negativity running around my brain, all the self pity, all the anger and rage I feel watching my beautiful strong daughter, a woman now, with this monster in a new form trying to take her from me from us all. I wish I could take it for her.
I'm glad we found her tumor. I'm glad I refused to leave the doctors office 'til we figured out what was really going on.
I'm not happy my child had cancer I am happy we found it and happy she beat it.
I know, I'm sitting here right now on the parent bed in the children's cancer unit as I type this from my cell phone.
This is a whole different animal.
This is Secondary AML
It's strange. Sitting here still after five years. You need to consider that my daughter has had a surgery a year since remission.
She spent a good amount of time at Shriners Hospital for Crippled children relearning how to walk, how to use her wheelchair, and how to dress herself. That was just after she was done with chemotherapy.
Yet here we are. Five years is a big marker for Ewing's Sarcoma. This would be the year that scans dropped from every three months to every six months.... We were just about to be able to stay away from the cancer unit for six months at a time!
I'm not going to tell you all of the negativity running around my brain, all the self pity, all the anger and rage I feel watching my beautiful strong daughter, a woman now, with this monster in a new form trying to take her from me from us all. I wish I could take it for her.

Comments
Post a Comment