hmm? I'm working on dealing with and healing my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

I was never the cry baby...
I was not the sensitive one that worried about the little things.
What happened to me?
I used to be STRONG full of energy, the "go to" person for all my friends, the working mom that needed no help from others!
Now?
I am sensitive, I cry all the time, and much more.
You see in 2007 my middle child would come home from dance practice and say her hip hurt. I'll never forget telling her it was growing pains and to stretch it out and walk it off.
Then she had swelling, it looked like a hernia. The first doctor said "yes it's a hernia" something did not click well with me.
I started making calls. "There is no way this is just a hernia" I'll never forget telling that to the person on the phone in pediatric surgery at Dorenbecher Children's Hospital...
I took her to the Emergency Room
We went home with a diagnosis of lymphatinosis and a bottle of Antibiotics.
OBVIOUSLY that did nothing!
I was sick of worrying... I knew there was something else going on and I was going to not give up till I figured it out!
On January 7th 2008 I called DCH general ped.s and scheduled an appointment. The receptionist said "Would you like to come in later this afternoon?" I said "NO I want an appointment with whoever is on call tomorrow and I want them to expect to spend all day with me! I am not leaving till I find out what is wrong with my daughter!" So she set it for 9:00am the next day...
January 8th 2008
We woke up and went to the DR.Office...
The events of that day will always feel like yesterday.
It's been two years and I still recall it all clearly.
Waiting for what felt like forever. Being called at 9:45 to go in. The doctor being young sweet and cute. My daughter limping. The doc not being able to figure out what was up. Her calling another guy in. He said "I had lymphphadnosis once, it took 15 months to go away" I said "Really? could you not walk eat or sleep from the pain?" He was pushing the door open with his left hand. Leaving the room. Telling us to go home it will heal itself but then turned around. "Let's do some range of motion!" and he washed his hands. After a while of moving her leg and feeling the lump move around he called yet another doctor in.
This guy was obviously their superior. He has a big friendly smile, glasses and a great sense of humor. We laughed and joked while he checked out her swelling. He moved her leg back and fourth and said. "I wonder if this is not just an ovary popping out?" then looked at my daughter and said, 'If it is that is the equlivant of a man getting punched in the nuts, every time you take a step!"... OUCH He had her walk up and down the hallway. Then started asking weird questions.
After all that he said "ok I want blood work, I want an X-ray, and I want another ultrasound! I want to be there when they do that ultrasound so that I can guide them through it.."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the dream

It so strange.