Here's to another round.
Forgive any errors please I'm (again) posting from my phone. I'm trying to get used to it.
It's been really nice having her home this past week. Her marrow came back with only 3% blasts and they consider 5% full remission. They can't even tell if that 3% is bad! Awesome. We're all quite thrilled to know she kicked out healthy cells so quickly. They said she could go straight to transplant. IF they can get everything scheduled and ready quickly. We've enjoyed the week. Once Amber felt like eating we fed her whatever she wanted. (Sushi was high on the list.)
I received a package in the mail from childhood friends. I missed the delivery so Jesse an I had to drive to the post office and pick it up. I'd not been to this particular post office yet. It was basically a package pick up place.
I cried my eyes out reading all the well wishes and even a special song written for Amber. It made me feel so special to know how much my friends care and how much they pay attention. It's a bright light right now in my dark times to feel such love.
We were driving home and traffic was pretty heavy. Living so close to town means all the commuters pass your neighborhood.
My cell phone rang and Jesse answered it. We were just blocks away but stuck at a red light in heavy traffic, waiting. It was Amber. She asked if we were on our way home because she just spoke to the doctor. Jesse reassured her that we were close and hung up.
We pulled into the driveway and her curtain was open. She was sitting on her bed crying. Panic struck I ran to her side. The doctor said the bone marrow transplant is not ready and she needs to come in Thursday for another round of chemotherapy. I read her the song written for her. Jordan bent over and cried, I cried, she cried it was beautiful in a tragic way. Beautiful to be so loved by friends.
It's so close to Halloween. This means she'll spend it in the Hospital. Halloween was her last official day in the children's cancer unit up at Doernbecher. It holds special meaning for us. Who knows now when she will be out. She may go to transplant after chemo, that means a lot longer then 30 days in the hospital. Doing the math, we've now guaranteed Thanksgiving in the hospital.
We will have a lot to be thankful for so it's appropriate that we will be up there.
As summer went away and the leaves fell. As wind whipped up fires then the rain came around. She was in the hospital. In her room with just a window looking over a courtyard.
Now as ghosts an gobbling knock on your doors and haunted screams fill the air till Thanksgiving, she will be there.
Keep your loves ones close and enjoy every day. Every scrape to the knee every cavity. Enjoy the fun and enjoy the little pains.
Thank You
It's been really nice having her home this past week. Her marrow came back with only 3% blasts and they consider 5% full remission. They can't even tell if that 3% is bad! Awesome. We're all quite thrilled to know she kicked out healthy cells so quickly. They said she could go straight to transplant. IF they can get everything scheduled and ready quickly. We've enjoyed the week. Once Amber felt like eating we fed her whatever she wanted. (Sushi was high on the list.)
I received a package in the mail from childhood friends. I missed the delivery so Jesse an I had to drive to the post office and pick it up. I'd not been to this particular post office yet. It was basically a package pick up place.
I cried my eyes out reading all the well wishes and even a special song written for Amber. It made me feel so special to know how much my friends care and how much they pay attention. It's a bright light right now in my dark times to feel such love.
We were driving home and traffic was pretty heavy. Living so close to town means all the commuters pass your neighborhood.
My cell phone rang and Jesse answered it. We were just blocks away but stuck at a red light in heavy traffic, waiting. It was Amber. She asked if we were on our way home because she just spoke to the doctor. Jesse reassured her that we were close and hung up.
We pulled into the driveway and her curtain was open. She was sitting on her bed crying. Panic struck I ran to her side. The doctor said the bone marrow transplant is not ready and she needs to come in Thursday for another round of chemotherapy. I read her the song written for her. Jordan bent over and cried, I cried, she cried it was beautiful in a tragic way. Beautiful to be so loved by friends.
It's so close to Halloween. This means she'll spend it in the Hospital. Halloween was her last official day in the children's cancer unit up at Doernbecher. It holds special meaning for us. Who knows now when she will be out. She may go to transplant after chemo, that means a lot longer then 30 days in the hospital. Doing the math, we've now guaranteed Thanksgiving in the hospital.
We will have a lot to be thankful for so it's appropriate that we will be up there.
As summer went away and the leaves fell. As wind whipped up fires then the rain came around. She was in the hospital. In her room with just a window looking over a courtyard.
Now as ghosts an gobbling knock on your doors and haunted screams fill the air till Thanksgiving, she will be there.
Keep your loves ones close and enjoy every day. Every scrape to the knee every cavity. Enjoy the fun and enjoy the little pains.
Thank You

Comments
Post a Comment