Round two

So
Here we are again. This time the demon is called AML Leukemia.
They say it's a side effect of all the chemotherapy she got before.
This October we'll celebrate four years since her last round of chemo. Or we thought we would.
She is a grown up woman. Getting engaged and talking of starting a family. Her wonderful boyfriend just asked her father for permission to marry her. He wants her dreams of motherhood to come true.
Now talk is of us moving back in together so we can take care of her.
I'm watching my own husband cry-sob is more like it
None of us expected this!
She had a sore throat a couple weeks ago. Antibiotics weren't doing a thing. By last Wednesday (a week ago) we knew something was awry when the doc said she needed platelets. Back to the oncology clinic she went on Thursday for blood work and CBC's, that day the doc said "I think I know why." Friday they took bone marrow. We knew it would be scary and waiting till today has been torture.
Today we heard it. From the mouth of a wonderful kind hearted nurse practitioner "You have leukemia"
We're so shocked and worried and still asking why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the dream

hmm? I'm working on dealing with and healing my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

It so strange.