Fear and loathing in the outhouse.
Today I told a girl a story from my past. Before my update I'm going to hopefully give you something to laugh at.
As a child I was so deathly afraid of outhouses that I refused to even enter into one. Really, I don't know anyone that likes an out house other then the people at the "Honey bucket" factory. My fear was extreme. I recall going to "Bam berries hot springs" and having my Mother catch me squatting behind a bush next to the outhouse.
Fast forward a few years. I was nineteen years old. My sister a friend and I decide to go to the rose festival. (back when it was free and not gated) We went in the afternoon and watched live music while sitting in the grass. We also had the brilliant idea to buy a bottle of rum... Each of us purchased a fountain soda, drank them half way then topped them off with rum. It took about an hour then there was no more holding it. I had to pee. Badly. There was a line of honey buckets for all the festival goers. Well I went in. Tipsy and scared to death. The whole time I was just in full panic repeating "Oh god, yuck, no, oh god, oh god, oh god noooo" I got it out. I was totally relieved that I had faced my fear and done it.
That night I watched the ten o'clock news. What did I see? A pervert was busted that day. I guess for the entire day he had video cameras set up in the honey buckets at the rose festival........ The first time in my life I used a port a potty is on film. Ill give you a second while you go back and read what I was screaming the whole time I was in there.
So. Now on to the depressing stuff...
Amber is home from the hospital right now. That's good. We're enjoying every second. She's got a cold. That's bad. But she's got healthy blood and the ability to fight it off. Good. She comes to me every night and cries. Sad. She says. I don't want to do this mommy. I'm scared Mommy. I don't want to die mommy. She cries and cries and I cry too and I hold her. I tell her everything will be alright because it HAS to! I tell her about what an ass kicker she is and how well she's going to recover. She's got heart complications. When she had Ewing's, almost five years ago, the chemotherapy shrunk her heart. We have all been aware that she has "poor" heart function but it did not worsen and so that's okay. Now after the two rounds of chemotherapy her left ventricle is failing her. She's on heart medicine. She needs it for the rest of her life and now will need it in order to survive transplant. So here we are. They found three matches for her. The first one was getting all ready for donation next Wednesday and their DNA was put into a Petri dish together. Their DNA fought to the death. Well so much for that! Two more weeks of waiting more testing and such now. They have two units of stem cells reserved lets all hope and pray that works out please.
White light.
Now you see why my attitude is shit. At least I can relate it to a funny story!?
As a child I was so deathly afraid of outhouses that I refused to even enter into one. Really, I don't know anyone that likes an out house other then the people at the "Honey bucket" factory. My fear was extreme. I recall going to "Bam berries hot springs" and having my Mother catch me squatting behind a bush next to the outhouse.
Fast forward a few years. I was nineteen years old. My sister a friend and I decide to go to the rose festival. (back when it was free and not gated) We went in the afternoon and watched live music while sitting in the grass. We also had the brilliant idea to buy a bottle of rum... Each of us purchased a fountain soda, drank them half way then topped them off with rum. It took about an hour then there was no more holding it. I had to pee. Badly. There was a line of honey buckets for all the festival goers. Well I went in. Tipsy and scared to death. The whole time I was just in full panic repeating "Oh god, yuck, no, oh god, oh god, oh god noooo" I got it out. I was totally relieved that I had faced my fear and done it.
That night I watched the ten o'clock news. What did I see? A pervert was busted that day. I guess for the entire day he had video cameras set up in the honey buckets at the rose festival........ The first time in my life I used a port a potty is on film. Ill give you a second while you go back and read what I was screaming the whole time I was in there.
So. Now on to the depressing stuff...
Amber is home from the hospital right now. That's good. We're enjoying every second. She's got a cold. That's bad. But she's got healthy blood and the ability to fight it off. Good. She comes to me every night and cries. Sad. She says. I don't want to do this mommy. I'm scared Mommy. I don't want to die mommy. She cries and cries and I cry too and I hold her. I tell her everything will be alright because it HAS to! I tell her about what an ass kicker she is and how well she's going to recover. She's got heart complications. When she had Ewing's, almost five years ago, the chemotherapy shrunk her heart. We have all been aware that she has "poor" heart function but it did not worsen and so that's okay. Now after the two rounds of chemotherapy her left ventricle is failing her. She's on heart medicine. She needs it for the rest of her life and now will need it in order to survive transplant. So here we are. They found three matches for her. The first one was getting all ready for donation next Wednesday and their DNA was put into a Petri dish together. Their DNA fought to the death. Well so much for that! Two more weeks of waiting more testing and such now. They have two units of stem cells reserved lets all hope and pray that works out please.
White light.
Now you see why my attitude is shit. At least I can relate it to a funny story!?
Comments
Post a Comment