Soap making


I am making homemade soap.

I have been making my own homemade face scrubs and body scrubs for a while now. Anyone that uses my bathroom can see that I have shot glasses of mucky looking grainy yellow substances around the sink and tub.
My Mother-in-law instinctively gave me a box of soap making supplies recently. It was full of dyes, oils, scent cubes, and all sorts of powdery substances. All were meticulously labeled, names, uses, how to mix, and such. Someone was a soaper and they gave this treasure away? It's fate, its the universe telling me to put myself into soap making... It's Mom cleaning crap out of her garage and dumping it on me before good will. Whatever the case, it intrigued me.

I started researching soap making. There is a lot out there about how to make soap. I had no idea. One thing I noticed, though, is the "soap molds" that you can purchase online are all the same and I have seen them everywhere I see home made soap. There is the idea of making a block and cutting your soap. Then you have nice even squares. NO WAY not ME! I don't want MY soap to look like everyone else's soap.

So I started researching plaster mold making, I have so many twisted Ideas about what "shape" I want my soap in. I can really see myself go crazy with this. I was warned while reading another soaper's blog. She says "Before you know it everything is a possible soap mold or something you can use for soap making." She was not kidding. Everywhere I go I see something I can use. Fresh lavender, plug in pans for warming dishes, and oils. Scents now inspire me in so many different ways. (there is a soaper just blocks from my house and I catch myself standing by the door just smelling the air.)

While at the grocery store I saw cookie cut out for Ninja bread men! Oh yeah! I had to have them. A friend of mine was having a birthday party and I had to make her ninja soap men.

I am excited. My first soaps were tea tree oil, sweet orange, and honey.
Right now I am making cocoa butter soap with lavender.
My house smells lovely. I made soap and washed the dogs with it. A week later my daughter came to visit and asked if I just washed the dog because he smells so good.

Oh and another great thing.... MY hands are SO SOFT! I have been handling every bar of soap. I literally hand mix and hand pour ever bar. Natural homemade soap is wonderful for your skin. Natural oils attract moisture. So bye bye dry skin.
I will keep you posted as I make more. I am thinking chocolate and coffee soap sounds good. I just need to do some research. eeeeee YAY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the dream

hmm? I'm working on dealing with and healing my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

It so strange.